Including but not limited to Electro, Nu Skool Breaks, Hip Hop, and Rock. 100% Independent.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Artist Biography

Biography

As usual it started at a young age. Starting with an introduction into computers at a young age. I can remember enjoying the many games provided at the school library's computers in elementary school. Learning file structures and determining how to copy over Oregon Trail to floppy media to distribute and use in computers I may run into as I did not own one myself.

Eventually my now long-lost father got me an old Windows 3.1, 233 MHZ processor with a turbo button that over-clocked to 266 MHZ. Did I mention a 13" B&W monitor? At the same time I was introduced to Carlos Serpa. Sparked my interest and showed me everything I needed to know, the good, the bad, the legal and the free.

My name is Dannie Armas, and I play any instrument I can get my hands on. The productions I involve myself with are usually in the electro, nu skool breaks, hip hop and rock genre's, but definitely not limited to those only. As an Artist, being conscious of the many genre's and people I could potentially work with becomes a main focus. Melodies, progressions, depth and quality are most notable with On Life Support productions.

Productions are 100% independent. Artist networking is a must and I encourage any artist to contact me if there is ever an interest to produce anything together. Genres, experience, tools are not limitations. The only limitations are the audio production tools that I can afford.

Discography


Read The Fine Print EP (2009)
A learning experience and reflection of events and favorites during the time of the production.

Artist History

Like most artist, my musical past is vague and embarrassing at times. Starting as far back as 1999, productions consisted of pre-generated loops. From 2001 to 2004 I played in many bands in high school, mostly bass for a variety of rock sub genres. During that time I began to learn different DAW's and began producing gabber and other hard styles.

Began a brief study of music theory between 2003-2006. Once that was set in stone, I started to produce different styles of music. During this time I began networking, and/or working with other artist. Artist like ThaChief a.k.a. Cuban Bread, Tom Denney previously of A Day To Remember, Edgey, Chuck Hopcraft, DJ Litespeid.

The name On Life Support for my music productions come from the driving force and the importance of music. No matter what life may bring I could always turn to music for resolve. I'm not looking for rich monetization. Any monies involved will always pay for the support of my music. For me the experience, the distribution the feedback is the most important aspect. I'm just looking to help my music reach as many ears as possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment